Hello June! We enjoyed a week with some wonderful weather and it seems like summer is just around the corner! Parents, would you mind reminding your children to walk their bikes around the school. The bike traffic is getting congested with so many students riding their bikes! Thanks for helping us keep our students safe!
Davidson Creek School Council’s Annual General Meeting is coming up on Tuesday, June 8th at 6:30 pm! Here is the agenda and find the link to the meeting below. All this information can also be found on the School Council’s Facebook page.
Main Discussion Points:
- Budget Considerations for 2021/2022
- New Agenda Items for 2021/2022
- Voting in the new Executive Members
Date: June 8, 2021
Our School Council is looking for some new people to join the team:
The School Council Chair:
- chairs all the meeting
- communicates with the Principal regularly
- is the spokesperson of the School Council
- have general responsibilities for all School Council activities
- works with and supports the Chair
- fulfills the Chair’s responsibilities in the Chairs absence
- manages any personal information collected on behalf of the School Council
- records minutes of the meetings
- distributes agendas, minutes, and notices
The Communications Officer:
- manages social media platforms
- prepares newsletter submissions
- assists the Chair by proofreading and editing reports and correspondence
- develops promotional material for events, projects, and programs
School Council is a great way to be involved in school activities, meet other parents, and form great relationships with the teachers and administration.
2020-21 EIPS Parent Survey: Results now available
The 2020-21 EIPS Parent Survey results are now available. In April, the Division conducted the annual survey, which helps EIPS gauge its progress toward meeting the goals and priorities outlined in its Four-Year Education Plan. Families were asked a series of questions about their experiences with EIPS and the school their child attends, the overall performance of the Division, the quality of education being provided to students, and areas for improvement.
Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. Overall, the survey received 3,198 responses from parents and guardians across EIPS—up by more than 230 responses from the previous year. EIPS will now review the feedback in detail and use it to develop new strategies to serve students and the wider community better.
The full results are available online:
Please see the Calendar for upcoming events.
Pictures by Pixabay